The debate will address the following issues:
- Does negotiating international trade agreements as a 28-country strong bloc help or hinder the UK?
- What are the prospects for getting better trade deals with countries such as the US, India, China and Brazil outside the EU?
- How would the UK’s global commercial position be affected if it left the EU?
Introductory remarks by Jacqueline Minor, Head of European Commission Representation in the UK , and Mats Persson, Director of Open Europe.
- Lord Peter Mandelson, former Business Secretary and former European Commissioner (tbc)
- Vicky Pryce, economist
- Syed Kamall MEP and Leader of the UK Conservative Delegation in the European Parliament
- William Dartmouth MEP, UKIP
The debate will be chaired by Chris Giles, Economics Editor at the Financial Times